What is That is all. ™?



What is That is all. ™?

That is all. ™ is a Social Media Marketing and Development Company
specializing in the creation and production of quality written, visual and audio content.

To request a social media consult, development, production services or
to schedule a speaking engagement CLICK HERE.


You can also follow That is all. on Facebook or on Twitter @_that_is_all_ . We will follow back upon request.


Friday, December 14, 2012

PACKING FOR THE END OF THE WORLD

     I was confused.  Satan the cat was halfway up the Christmas tree and the world was supposed to come to an end next week.  I hope we didn’t take Satan the cat with us.  I wondered if Satan the cat climbing up the Christmas tree was a signal that the end of the world had begun. He glared at me from behind the spinning little drummer boy ornament.  He was judging me, I am sure.  That is ok, though.  That is what cats do.  They judge people.  He was thinking that I hate him. He is a smart cat. Even so, he doesn’t know that the world will end next Friday.  Or maybe he does and that is why he is trying to pack in as much mayhem as possible before the Mayan Apocalypse.

     The end of the world is coming and I have no idea what to pack.  Usually I can pack what I need in a few minutes.  I have a simple formula that I normally use:  (number of days away) + (travel day(s) to) + (travel day (s) back) + (number of days away/7) + (1){sweat variable} + (1){traumatic accident involving blood stains variable} + (1){vomit variable} x 1/2) + 1 {just in case variable} = number of each clothing unit.  Then I add a belt, two pairs of shoes, one tie, a hair brush, tooth brush, razor, deodorant, cologne, phone charger, one hat, a purple Speedo and I am done. The formula has always worked before.  I can’t use that formula for the end of the world, though, because I don’t know when the world will start again. I was confused.

     When I am confused, I like to sit on the sofa and watch football until the confusion passes.  Sometimes, if the games are good, it may take the whole weekend.  I was sitting on the sofa when my youngest daughter, Sugar, sat down next to me.  “Why are you confused again Daddyboy?” she said. 

     Well, Sugar, the world is ending next Friday and I have no idea what to pack,” I said.
 
     “If the world is ending, do I have to go to school next week?”

     “Yes.”

     “Wait!  It is ending when?”

     “This coming Friday.”

     “OMG.”

     “Don’t be upset Sugar.”

     “Upset?  How could I not be upset?  The world is ending and I don’t have anything to wear!  Look at my hair!  And I need a pedi!”  She got up and ran into the kitchen.  I was hoping that she would settle down a bit and maybe even cook some bacon for the end of the world.  It would be a nice touch to end the world with a mouthful of bacon.  I should have known better.  My wife, Trixie, came around the corner of the kitchen looking like a wide eyed lunatic.  It’s a good look for her, so she wears it often. 

     “Where are my keys?” Trixie asked.  

     “In your hand,” I said.

     “Oh, Right. We have to go. We will be back a awhile.”

     “Where are you going?”

     “Errands.”

     “What kind of errands?”

     “Emergency errands.”

     I just shrugged.  As I’ve said before, when women start rolling, it is best to let them roll.  They will stop rolling when they are ready to stop rolling and not a minute before.  I heard the door slam and then the tires on the Subaru squeal.  As Sugar and Trixie rolled toward an emergency end of the world makeover, I got back to working on my confusion and watching football.  It looked like my confusion was going to go to overtime before a turnover ended the game.  Then it hit me. 

     About four thousand years ago, these Mayans predicted that the world would cease to exist on Friday. If the Mayans are so smart, where are they now?  The Mayans ceased to exist about one thousand years ago. It seems that the Mayans were not that smart.  Silly Mayans.  Then I changed the channel to learn that twenty elementary school students were murdered today by a stranger at their school.  

     It seems that the Mayans may have been right after all.  It may also explain why they didn't stick around until the end. 

     That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment